This creative & engaging animated ESL video teaches learners about gerunds and infinitives (verbs) at the upper-intermediate level. Use this in class and have a blast!
If you love our videos, please support us at Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/oomongzu
For more creative, engaging and interactive animated grammar teaching videos, please visit our website.
For the “No Music” version of this video, please go here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5OosgcMhRs
Title of English / ESL Video:
Gerunds and Infinitives (Verbs)
Target English Grammar:
Gerunds and Infinitives (Verbs):
– Gerund verbs.
– Infinitives with “to”.
– Infinitives without “to”.
Student Proficiency Level:
Upper-intermediate level grammar.
– Play the video in class after delivering a warm-up activity first.
– Pause the video whenever the narrator asks students a question to give students time to answer. For example, after elicitations and concept checking questions (CCQs).
Summary of English Grammar: Gerunds and Infinitives (Verbs)
Approximate chronological order:
– Elicitation of target grammar.
– Verb + ing
– Gerunds act as nouns or pronouns.
– Likes/dislikes: I love shopping.
– General activities: I’m good at dancing.
– Abstract ideas: I’m not used to working late.
– When there is no noun to describe something: Catching the train during peak hour is really annoying.
– When speaking or writing in incomplete sentences: What are your hobbies? Watching TV and surfing the Internet.
– As the subject of a sentence: Flying makes me nervous.
– As the object of a sentence: I find listening to music very relaxing.
– After prepositions: The police arrested her for speeding.
– After phrasal verbs: She ended up going to prison.
– After some verbs including: admit, avoid, can’t help, carry on, consider, deny, finish, give up, imagine, involve, keep on, miss, postpone, practice, risk, spend, stop, suggest.
– Example: You should avoid taking a stroll outside during a hurricane.
– After words for expressing like/dislike: can’t stand, crazy about, enjoy, fancy, hate, like/dislike, keen on, love, don’t mind, prefer.
– Example: I love skydiving.
Use Infinitives (with “to”):
– To express a reason or purpose: He ran to avoid being caught.
– After adjectives: This safe is easy to break open.
– After some verbs, including: can/can’t afford, agree, appear, be able to, can’t wait, decide, expect, forget, happen, have (got), help, hope, learn, manage, need, offer, plan, pretend, promise, refuse, remember, seem, teach, tend, threaten, try, want, would like.
– Example: He threatened to hurt the man.
*Infinitives are not generally used as the subject of sentences.
Use the Infinitive (without “to”) after:
– Modal verbs: You should see a doctor.
– Auxiliary verbs: We‘ll go swimming tomorrow.
– let, make and help.
– Example 1: Let‘s go shopping.
– Example 2: Help me carry my shoes.
– Example 3: Sometimes she makes me want to scream!
Target language form the negative with “not”:
– Gerunds: I don’t like shopping.
– Infinitives (with “to”): I don’t want to go shopping.
– Infinitives (without “to”): I won’t go shopping.
These verbs can be followed with either the gerund or infinitive (with “to”) with no difference in meaning:
– begin, continue, prefer, start. For example:
– I prefer doing yoga.
– I prefer to do yoga.
These verbs can be followed with either the gerund or infinitive (with “to”), but the meaning is different:
– try, remember, forget, need.
– Example 1:
– Try not to hurt yourself again. (This means, make an effort to do something.)
– You should try going to an Italian restaurant. (This means, try something to see if you like it.)
– Example 2:
– Remember to fasten your seatbelt. (This means, don’t forget something.)
– I remember seeing you in high school. (This means, having a memory of something.)
– Example 3:
– I forgot to bring my luggage. (This means, you didn’t remember something.)
– I’ll never forget seeing the beautiful scenery. (This means, you did something and you won’t forget it. It’s more common in the negative form.)
– Example 4:
– You need to buy a new car. (This means, you must do something.)
– That car needs repairing. (This means, the subject needs something.)
Spectacular explication, really nice... thank you so much!!! You did an excellent work. I´m happy :D :) because this topic is more clear.
I was thinking that modal verb not belong to this group (it´s extrange for me... but it´s good).
View Minecraft skins, Search name history of Minecraft accounts, and convert UUIDs. Come find the skin that best suites you today!
Why Almost Everything Youve Learned About Pubg New Map Is Wrong and What You Should Know
Who Else Wants to Learn About Pubg New Map?
The map was initially announced to be 4x4 km in proportion, for context. The second map is situated in the desert. The new map is obtaining a lot of heat lately and you are able to notice people leaving as soon as they realize theyve been loaded in the Miramar Desert Map. The new desert map in PlayerUnknowns Battlegrounds has been available for a while now, but it appears like getting onto the true map isnt as simple as it seems at first.
The map is presently on the PC test server, so be certain to test it out whenever possible. It is most likely people are just utilised to the older map. When it has to do with playing on the new Desert Map, you are going to be forced to modify your PUBG Strategy.
The map is more vertical and youll soon realize that having the greater ground will offer you an important benefit. At that point you are able to keep queuing until you receive the original map. Whats surprising regarding the new map is the degree of detail on every previous road, building, and hill. It is much smaller than previous ones, clocking at 4x4 kilometers instead of the usual 8x8. The new desert map is really stunning.
Pubg New Map - the Conspiracy
The layout differs enough from PUBGs unique map, Erangel, while being similar also, with a lot of towns and cities with large open places and smallish towns between. A teaser image of one of the approaching weapons can be observed below. You may see them below, along with the new screenshots.
You should be a step ahead of the game as a way to make it through. The game will include a new desert map named Miramar to accompany the original map named Erangel. Survive the shootout and youre going to be among the most well-kitted in the game. The finished game will have a new desert map named Miramar.
1 thing players will have the ability to try in the meantime without having to visit the test server are the very first limited-time event modes. Other players appear to feel the same style, pushing for more info about any upcoming map additions. Several new players might not be conscious of how the new PUBG map is presently only on the games test server. One of the chief complaints players have had about Miramar is the fact that it feels too open as a result of the absence of cover. The Bad Side of Pubg New Map
Theres a good deal of loot for you but youll need to scramble towards it and find a means to remain alive. You will likewise be able to locate a lot of loot, particularly if you land on top of the boxing arena. If youre searching for the very best loot in the game, then your very best bet will be to look near larger towns and areas with lots of buildings. Meanwhile, a number of the new weapons are desert-theme-appropriate too, like the lever-action Winchester rifle and the R45 Revolver.